We hope you’ll be able to attend this year’s Jamie’s Joy Fundraiser: A Toast to 21! This blog post contains all the info you will need to do that or to support Jamie’s Joy even if you can’t attend.
For 2017, we are focused on programs which help San Diego’s homeless teens get off the streets. We found a great program with Urban Street Angels (USA), which began with feeding youth who were on the streets and evolved into now providing an overnight shelter, transitional shelter, and employment training. Through their own business, 8West hopes to open year round permanent shelter for these most vulnerable youth.
Are you aware that 3,000 youth sleep on our streets on any given night here in San Diego? Many of them left to escape abusive homes only to find themselves in more peril. Let’s help support efforts to get these youth the chance to lead productive lives.
Family Fun and Fund Raising Event (for kids of all ages)
Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 6 PM at The Irenic in North Park, San Diego
Purchase your tickets directly through 8west.org/product-category/jamies-joy/
OR by mailing a check or money order made payable to:
Jamie’s Joy Fund, c/o Elene Bratton, 4324 Manzanita Dr, San Diego, CA 92105
Tickets will be available for pick up at will call. They will not be mailed. Pick them up at the event under the name on credit card used.
If you have questions, please contact Elene Bratton at 619-282-2553.
The Irenic — 3090 Polk Ave, San Diego, CA 92104
The Irenic is a very cool, historic indoor and outdoor venue where there is plenty of room for those who want to listen to music and for those who want to eat, chat, play and of course bid on our awesome silent auction.
PARKING is free in lot a few blocks away from the event or on street. You might have to walk a short distance but there are plenty of spaces to park. You may drop off passengers at the venue lot before you park. Volunteers will be there to guide you. Thank you for honoring this request.
We are honored to have several dignitaries present and addressing the gathering including The voices of the teens of Urban Street Angels telling their stories of tragedy to get to triumph. Be Uplifted. Be Inspired. Check out Urban Street Angels website and Urban Street Angels on Facebook.
- Jamie’s Joy Power Point
Highlighting what we’ve done over our 15 years as an organization and what our future holds.
“Hop Folk” style music with Shea Freedom – find him on Facebook and
- Food, Drinks, Fun Sweets and Treats
We will be serving fun foods catered by The Irenic as well as food from some locals such as Panera Bread, Chipotle, and Native Foods Cafe, “EAT-LIVE-BE HAPPY, with a fresh and organic mix of salads, sandwiches, fruit trays, cheeses, hors d’oeuvres and much more. We’ll have plenty of tempting sweet treats for our taste buds and Starbucks will give us quality coffee (hot or iced) to wash it all down. Plus an assortment of other drinks. Very YUMMY!!!
- The Silent Auction
Besides celebrating Jamie and the good cause, we will have the very popular annual Silent Auction!!!!!!!!! With loads of restaurants, shops, goods and services, theme park adventures and more to bid on you will get a great deal on all your favorite stuff.
- Arts and crafts (for all ages)
Face painting, button making, photos, make your own souvenir cup with photo and other forms of arts and crafts and self-expression.
- Raffle prizes
- 50/50 Opportunity Drawing
You keep half, we keep half of whatever is collected on the $1 ticket during the event (only).
PRICING: *suggested donation
- Chair massage, psychic readings, educational booth and much, much, more to give you an evening of great fun for all.
THE SILENT AUCTION
This year’s Silent Auction promises to have even more great deals than last year. Donations for the silent auction are coming in daily and already include:
- Disneyland, Knotts, Seaworld, Zoo, Wild Animal Park , theater & Movies
- Massage, Acupuncture, & Chiropractic care
- Tax prep, computer repair, hair coiffure, nail salon, cooking lessons, art
- Restaurant, department store & grocery store gift certificates
- Yard work, auto services, handyman, personal trainer
- Gift baskets of all kinds
*Items based on requests subject to change
Ticket Pricing- Suggested Donation
All Inclusive *enJOY-able packet
Music, Dancing, and other entertainment,
• Meal w/drink, dessert & coffee
• Art and other activities for kids (of all ages)
• 1 chance drawing ticket (not raffle ticket below) & Silent auction bid #
• 1 FUN ticket for each activity &other stuff offered
(face painting, button, balloons, massage chair, slushy and more)
You can buy extra meals, drinks, desserts, activities etc. if one of each is not enough
$ 35 suggested donation
For the Love of Jamie’s Joy, for those who want to support the cause but can’t attend.
Prize Drawing Only 1 ticket for $10 or 3 for $25
(multiple prizes- and you do not have to be present to win)
Day of event: $45./per person suggested donation
Family and Group Pricing Available as follows:
- Buy 5 tickets get the 6th one free
- KIDS age 6 and under: free admission
- KIDS between 7-13: $20 suggested donation
- Table of 10: $300 suggested donation
- No one is turned away
You can also sponsor someone to come by buying a ticket and donating it back or giving it away. This is a great way to show support and allow someone to attend who might not otherwise be able to go.
Call 619-282-2553 if you have any questions.Thank you!
Tickets on will call to be picked up at the event.
We will have many items to taste, try, browse and hopefully buy so bring your wallets and have a great family day while supporting many great causes. We can take cash, checks and credit cards at the event. There is something for everyone in this fun-filled event for the whole family.
If you can’t attend: Of course some of you want to support the cause but can’t attend the event. In that case, do we have an offer for you! You can buy raffle tickets: 1 for $10 or 3 for $25 for a chance to win valuable prizes and services.
Get your raffle tickets
Mail check or money order made payable to
Jamie’s Joy Memorial Fund c/o Elene Bratton 4324 Manzanita Drive San Diego, California 92105
Your name & e-mail will be placed on the back of the ticket and held for the day of the event and you will be e-mailed that day when you win!!!
- North Park Garage: 3829 29th Street, .4 miles away. Accepts Visa, Master Card, AMEX and Discover. This is a multi-level garage. $5 for 4 hours.
- Parking in Old Mill Restaurant: 3949 Ohio St, San Diego, CA 92104, 0.3 miles away. $5 for 4 hours.
- Next to Queen Bee: 3925 Ohio St, San Diego, CA 92104, 0.3 miles away. $3 an hour.
- Chase Bank parking lot: 3921 30th St, 0.3 miles away. 0-2 hours is $5, and 2-9 hours is $10.
- Autozone: 4005 30th St, San Diego, CA 92104, 0.3. $3 an hour.
Groups Jamie’s Joy Supports Each Year
In addition to the primary group we are benefitting Reality Changers, each year we also:
- Sponsor a child providing for their basic needs by “adopting” a child through Save a Child Foundation
- Give donations to all of the following agencies that help bereaved family’s deal with a loss of a child.
- Last year you very generously helped us raise over $7000.00 for the college bound program Reality Changers
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!